📅september 6th all dojo annual meeting | 6pm
📅september 15th open house
📅september 29th dojo clean-up | 10:30am
📅october 12th-14th Seminar | Mike Flynn Sensei
📅november 2nd-4th seminar at Clallam aikikai |Frank apodaca sensei
📅Testing- November 14th | 6pm
📅november 22nd Dojo Closed- thanksgiving
📅December 24th-January 2nd dojo closed
📅march 22nd-24th seminar | alex peterson sensei
COMMITTED TRAINING PERIODS
A committed training period is three months during which the student makes the study of aikido a priority. To participate in this program the student must be able to clear other life commitments, thereby allowing regular attendance at classes and the focus necessary to push themselves both physically and spiritually. In addition to attending classes, the student will be expected to develop a selflessness exemplified by helping in any way with the daily care and maintenance of the dojo, the hosting of events, and the support of other dojo members as well as the chief instructor.
Training is not limited to scheduled classes, but is ongoing at every moment of every day. The committed training period is an opportunity for self-development. There will be no reward at the end of the program. Two levels of commitment are offered.
There are two committed training periods per year
- March, April and May
- September, October and November
To be accepted into the committed training program the student must
- Submit a written request for acceptance including a statement of ability to fulfill the commitment at either Level I or Level II.
- Complete an interview with the chief instructor.
Requests for acceptance must be submitted by February 15th for the first period and by August 15th for the second period. Please note that basic courtesies such as paying dues on time, arriving to class on time and honest communication are expected. An inquiring spirit and a firm desire to learn are required.
Level I | Open to students from the rank of 5th kyu to 2nd kyu.
Minimum practice requirements:
- Must attend classes at least four days per week.
- Must attend the basic weapons class and one zazen session per week.
- Total hours of class time in aikido must be at least 25 hours per month.
- Must attend all Birankai Affiliated seminars held in Oregon unless excused in advance.
Level II | Open to all students with the rank of 3rd kyu or higher.
MINIMUM PRACTICE REQUIREMENTS
- Must attend classes at least five days per week.
- Must attend advanced weapons class, one zazen session and two iaido classes per week.
- Total hours of class time in aikido must be at least 30 hours per month.
- Must attend all Birankai Affiliated semina rs held in Oregon unless excused in advance.
Other requirements for committed training periods
- The student will keep a record or journal of their own design of their practice and experiences. This record will be considered personal and need not be shown to anyone.
- The student will submit a written report within two weeks after the completion of the three month period. This report will be on a subject of the student's choice relating to their experience and practice during the training period.